Available 24/7 to help
Easy & Convenient Booking
Best Price Deal
Best Deals on Packages
Available 24/7 to help
Easy & Convenient Booking
Best Price Deal
Best Deals on Packages
- Airlines reservation desk
- Airlines customer service 24*7
- Call now to book
- Change/ cancel your flight
- Call on 24*7 customer support airlines
- No hold time
- Airlines seats reservation
- 30% off for new booking
Exploring the Charm of France: Top Ten Cities to Visit
France is the birthplace of unmatchable art, tasty and world-class foods, and marvellous architecture, which attracts travellers from every corner of the world. The country has a rich history and a unique level of culture. This wonderful country offers a plethora of stunning cities to explore for travellers. There are so many famous and historical cities, such as Paris, Nice, Marseille, and Lyon. These cities are witnesses to the rise and fall of the country.
Every city in the country has a rich history, alluring landscapes, and a unique culture, and every city offers a different kind of experience and feel of French history and culture. From Paris, the city of love and romance, to Bordeaux, the land of wine, the country has something for everyone. So, you can make a list and pack your bags to explore the beautiful and historical sites of France. To make your trip memorable, we have listed the top ten cities in France to visit. We have also mentioned details like where to stay, how to reach them, what to do, and famous activities.
- Total Population - 67,935,660
- Famous For - Fashion, Fine Arts, Musics, Architectures and places (Versailles Palace, Eiffel tower, Mont Saint-Michel, Notre dame de Paris, Louvre Museum), Foods, Rich History
- Best Things to do - Chamonix and Mont Blanc Tour, Tuktuk in Paris, Gorges du Verdon Tour, Paragliding over the Alps in Chamonix
- Currency - Euro
- Language - French
Top 10 Cities to Visit in France
France is also known as 'L'hexagone because it is six-sided. There are numerous reasons behind the popularity of the country, and travellers can feel a thrilling experience and enjoy a glimpse of the French way of life. So, without taking your time, let's start the list of the top ten cities you must visit in France.
If you ask someone, ”Do you want to visit Paris? He or she immediately says yes.” Paris is the dream destination of most travellers, and it is the capital, cultural hub, and one of the most important cities in France. If someone says Paris is an unmissable destination, then it is correct.
From the distinctive landmark Eiffel Tower to the cultural monument Louvre Museum and the charming Montmartre district, the city provides everything to make a place a world-class tourist attraction. Paris has everything for everyone, for example, beautiful and marvellous architecture, museums, sophisticated fashion, and delicious foods.
People say Paris is a city of romance. It's true. The history and culture of the city are unmatchable. A fine example is the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur, built by Pierre Rousseau in 1751–1783 during Louis XVI. While in Paris, choose to stay in popular areas such as Le Marais or Saint-Germain-des-Prés, where you'll find a range of accommodations to suit every budget.
- Total Population - 2,102,650
- Best Place to Visit - Louvre Museum, Eiffel Tower, Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, Arc de Triomphe, Place de la Concorde
- Best Things to do - Versailles Palace Tour, Paris Eiffel Tower Tour and aerial view of the city, Mont Saint Michel Trip, Louvre Museum Tour, Paris Paradis Latin Cabaret Champagne & Show
- Nearest Airport - Paris Orly Airport (ORY), Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG) Beauvais-Tillé Airport (BVA)
Nice, also famous as Nice la Belle (Nissa La Bella in Niçard) which means Nice the Beautiful, is the capital of the Alpes-Maritimes department, and it is located on the stunning French Riviera. Nice is known for its sunny and beautiful beaches, affordable markets, and vibrant old town . It has hills and mild weather which makes it one of the finest destinations in the area.
There are so many cuisine options, stroll along the picturesque Promenade du Paillon, and visit the enchanting flower market in the Cours Saleya. City is full of historical places. The Promenade des Anglais is a famous seaside promenade that stretches along the Baie des Anges.
If you want to stay then choose Promenade des Anglais. Here you can enjoy the finest views of the turquoise Mediterranean Sea.
- Total Population - 342,522
- Best Place to Visit - Old Town, Promenade Des Anglais, Place Massena, Cathedrale Saint-Nicolas a Nice, Musée Massena
- Best Things to do - Exploring Old Town, Train Experience Through The Alps, Mediterranean Coastal Sightseeing Cruise from Nice
- Nearest Airport - Nice Côte d'Azur Airport (NCE)
Lyon is also known as the "gastronomic capital of France," but apart from gastronomic historical buildings and foods are remarkable features of this city. It is situated in the eastern France that is the epitome of the French way of life and delights food lovers with its bouchon restaurants and local delicacies.
Marvel at the Renaissance architecture in Vieux Lyon, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and explore the vibrant street art scene in the industrial-chic neighbourhood of La Guillotière. Stay in the heart of the city in the Presqu'île district for convenient access to the main places of the city. This amazing franche city is known for its gastronomy, Lyon is a city full of beautiful parks, museums, and historic landmarks. The Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière is a must-visit attraction. The city also has a vibrant nightlife that offers visitors a chance to experience local culture.
People admire the Renaissance architecture in Vieux Lyon, it is a UNESCO World Heritage site, and they must visit the neighbourhood of La Guillotière's bustling street art culture. No doubt Lyon is a magnificent French city and famous for its foods, historical background and buildings. The city is full of lovely parks, museums, and historical sites. You should see the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière. Additionally, the city has a thriving nightlife that gives visitors an opportunity to get a taste of the native way of life.
If you want an easy tour to the city's prime places, you should stay in the Presqu'île neighbourhood which is actually the centre part of the city.
- Total Population - 522,228
- Best Place to visit in Nice - Place Bellecour, Basilica of Notre Dame of Fourvière, Parc de la Tête d'Or, Musée des Confluences, Musée Cinéma et Miniatur
- Best Things to Do in Nice - Gallo-Roman Museum of Lyon-Fourvière, Théâtre Gallo Romain de Lyon-Fourvière, Northern Rhône Valley Day Tour
- Nearest Airport - Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport (LYS), Saint-Étienne - Bouthéon Airport (EBU)
Marseille is one of the biggest cities of France. It is located on the Mediterranean coast. Marseille has a unique kind of cultural diversity with beautiful and shining beaches with delicious seafood. Just think about it, you are on the beach looking at the sea and enjoying your drink.
You must Visit the striking Basilique Notre-Dame de la Garde to take aerial views of Marseille, You should not miss the vibrant old town of Le Panier, and visit every corner of the picturesque Calanques National Park. The city has several historic landmarks and an energetic nightlife. If you are looking for an excellent place to stroll and experience local culture then you must go to The old port of Marseille.
If you want a safe and finest place to stay during your trip then you can choose accommodations near the Vieux-Port to Marseille's stunning waterfront.
- Total Population - 870,321
- Best Place to Visit in Marseille - Basilica of Notre-Dame of la Garde, Palais Longchamp, Marseille History Museum, Vallon des Auffes, La Vieille Charité
- Best Activities to do in Marseille - Exploring Old Port of Marseille, Tour of Château d'If, Mountain Biking, Parc National des Calanques
- Nearest Airport - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS), Toulon-Hyères Airport (TLN), Avignon Caumont Airport (AVN)
Bordeaux is a city in southwestern France and Known worldwide for its prestigious vineyards, Bordeaux is a paradise for wine enthusiasts. Take a leisurely stroll through the charming city centre, where elegant 18th-century architecture lines the streets. Don't miss a visit to the Cité du Vin, a wine museum that offers immersive exhibits and tastings. The city also has an excellent food scene and beautiful architecture. Book accommodations either in the city centre or near the trendy Chartrons district.
- Total Population - 259,809
- Best Place to Visit in Bordeaux - National Opera of Bordeaux, Place de la Bourse, Jardin Public, Cathédrale Saint-André de Bordeaux, Miroir d'eau, Musée du Vin et du Négoce de Bordeaux
- Best Activities to do in Bordeaux - Going to La Cité du Vin, Wine tasting workshops, Bordeaux Lac, Exploring Jardin Public
- Nearest Airport - Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport (BOD)
Located in northeastern France, right on the German border, Strasbourg boasts a unique blend of French and German influences. Explore the charming maze of canals in the picturesque Petite France district, marvel at the magnificent Gothic architecture of the Notre-Dame de Strasbourg Cathedral, and discover the European Parliament buildings in the European Quarter. Stay in the city centre to fully immerse yourself in its historical and cultural offerings. The city boasts many beautiful parks and museums. The Cathedral of Notre-Dame is a must-visit attraction. Strasbourg is known for its unique blend of French and German culture.
- Total Population - 290,576
- Best Place to Visit in Strasbourg - Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-Strasbourg, Parc de l'Orangerie, Palais Rohan, Barrage Vauban, Historical Museum of the City of Strasbourg, St. Thomas Church
- Best Activities to do in Strasbourg - Baden-Baden, Black Forest Trip, Walk on Ponts Couverts de Strasbourg, Exploring Alsatian Museum, Alsace Christmas Markets, City Bike Tour
- Nearest Airport - Strasbourg International Airport (SXB), Baden Airpark (FKB), Zweibrücken Airport (ZQW)
Nestled in the heart of Provence, Aix-en-Provence offers a delightful mix of history, culture, and natural beauty. Immerse yourself in the artistic atmosphere that once inspired renowned painter Paul Cézanne. Stroll along the tree-lined boulevards, explore the vibrant markets, and visit the stunning Musée Granet and Cours Mirabeau. Stay in the city centre to experience Aix-en-Provence's lively ambiance.
- Total Population - 147,122
- Best Place to Visit in Aix-en-Provence - Paroisse Cathédrale Saint Sauveur Aix-en-Provence, Camp des Milles, Musée du Vieil-Aix, Musée Granet, Pavillon Vendôme
- Best Activities to do in Aix-en-Provence - Mind and Run Escape Game Aix, Visiting Promenade de la Torse, Luberon Villages Tour, Verdon Gorge and Moustiers Ste-Marie Tour
- Nearest Airport - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS), Avignon Caumont Airport (AVN), Toulon-Hyères Airport (TLN)
Known as the "Pink City" due to its distinctive pink brick architecture, Toulouse is a captivating destination in southern France. Explore the labyrinthine streets of the historic city centre, admire the grandeur of the Place du Capitole, and visit the impressive Cité de l'Espace, a space-themed amusement park. Stay in the city centre to easily access Toulouse's main attractions, shops, and restaurants. Toulouse is known for its rich history and architecture. The city boasts many beautiful churches and museums. One of the most famous attractions in Toulouse is the Airbus Factory, where visitors can learn about the history and development of aviation.
- Total Population - 498,003
- Best Place to Visit in Toulouse - Basilique Saint-Sernin de Toulouse, Musée des Augustins, Couvent des Jacobins, Muséum de Toulouse, Capitole de Toulouse
- Best Activities to do in Toulouse - Théâtre du Capitole, Visiting Cité de l'Espace, Grand Rond, Prayer in Basilica of Our Lady of the Daurade, Toulouse Old Town Tour, Cité de Carcassonne and Canal du Midi
- Nearest Airport - Toulouse Blagnac Airport (TLS), Mazamet Airport (DCM)
Located in the French Alps, Annecy is a stunning city renowned for its beautiful lake and charming old town. Explore the historic streets, known as "Venice of the Alps," and take a boat ride on the crystal-clear Lake Annecy. Don't miss the Château d'Annecy, a mediaeval fortress-turned-museum offering breathtaking panoramic views of the city. Stay near the old town to make the most of Annecy's unique atmosphere.
- Total Population - 131,766
- Best Place to Visit in Annecy- Le Palais de I'Île, Musée-Château d'Annecy, Basilique de la Visitation, Tourist Office of Lake Annecy, Vieille Ville
- Best Activities to do in Annecy- Walk on Pont des Amours, Tour of Musée-Château d'Annecy, Visiting Jardins de l'Europe, Exploring Gorges du Fier
- Nearest Airport - Geneva International Airport (GVA)
Famous for its well-preserved mediaeval architecture, Avignon is a city steeped in history. Explore the magnificent Palais des Papes, once the residence of popes during the 14th century, and visit the historic Avignon Bridge. Wander through the narrow, cobbled streets of the old town and soak up the vibrant atmosphere. Stay within the city walls to experience Avignon's unique charm. Avignon is a city located in southeastern France and is home to many religious landmarks. The city has a rich history and is known for the Papal Palace. The city also has many museums and beautiful parks.
- Total Population - 90,597
- Best Place to Visit in Avignon - Palais des Papes, Musée Calvet, Remparts d'Avignon, Place de l'Horloge, Musée Requien, Avignon Cathedral
- Best Activities to do in Avignon - Walk on Pont Saint-Benezet (Le Pont d'Avignon), Explorng every corner of Jardin des Doms, Shopping in Les Halles d'Avignon, île de la Barthelasse
- Nearest Airport - Avignon Caumont Airport (AVN), Nîmes-Alès-Camargue-Cévennes Airport (FNI), Marseille Provence Airport (MRS), Méditerranée Airport (MPL)
Indeed, The top ten cities in France offered a variety of experiences, food, from magnificent natural beauty to unmatched cultural and historical sites and many more things. Tourists have countless options for exploring and visiting in every city and its nearby because each one has its own distinct charm and value. Tourists may easily visit the key attractions and fully immerse themselves in the local culture by selecting appropriate lodging in strategic places. Travel through France and learn about the beauty that lies within these alluring places. Happy travels!
- Leading online travel services provider
- 24X7 customer care helpline
- Assured lowest prices and superior service experience
- Access best flight options across all popular routes