Available 24/7 to help
Easy & Convenient Booking
Best Price Deal
Best Deals on Packages
Available 24/7 to help
Easy & Convenient Booking
Best Price Deal
Best Deals on Packages
- Airlines reservation desk
- Airlines customer service 24*7
- Call now to book
- Change/ cancel your flight
- Call on 24*7 customer support airlines
- No hold time
- Airlines seats reservation
- 30% off for new booking
Southwest Airlines Carry-on Baggage, Size and Weight
Southwest Airlines is one of the low-cost US-based airlines. Its boarding and ticketing processes, and the level of service during mid-air, are just a few things that make Southwest Airlines a reputation and look different from its competitors. It is one of the fastest-growing airlines in the United States aviation industry. But compared to other airlines, Southwest charges for luggage. In this blog, we will discuss Southwest Airlines Carry-on Baggage, Size and Weight.
Generally, people look for answers related to Carry-on baggage on Southwest Airlines. For example, do airlines allow my pet to fly? What happens if I take oversized bags? What is the policy for musical instruments? What are the policies for sports teams? Everything related to group or individual travel with Southwest Airlines. You will know the actual price of the luggage carried by Southwest. Southwest, on the other hand, won't charge more for regular checked or carry-on luggage. Southwest Airlines' baggage policy, which frequently does not impose an additional fee for checked bags, has been explained below.
Southwest Airlines Carry-on Size
Below, we have mentioned everything related to Southwest Airlines Carry-on Baggage. So, first of all, know how much baggage is allowed by Southwest airlines in carry-ons.
- One Personal Item Without Paying to Airlines
- One Carry-on Baggage is Free
Like other airlines, Southwest Airlines does not charge for carry-ons. It means you can travel with your personal items and one carry-on bag on Southwest Airlines without paying a single penny to the airlines, but it must fit in front of your seat and overhead bin, respectively. The size of the personal item should not be more than 16.25 x 8 x 13.5 inches; otherwise, it can put you in trouble. The dimensions of the carry-on baggage should not be more than 10 inches wide, 16 inches thick, and 24 inches high (25 by 41 by 61 centimetres). Remember, your carry-on Baggage must fit in the cabin space. If you are oversized, you must pay for the additional size of your bags.
Southwest Airlines Carry-on Weight
Passengers' personal items on Southwest Airlines have no weight restriction. But they must fit under the seat in front of them. Passengers must keep their personal objects under the seat in front of them. Airlines will ask customers to put it in an overhead bin if it doesn't fit or if there isn't enough space in front of them (in the case of oversized). It will act like carry-on baggage for you. So, airlines always request their passengers travel with a limited number of bags to avoid any last-minute hustle because people think airlines are charging them unnecessarily. To make things crystal clear, we have explained here.Note: Measurements vary by seat type and aircraft. These dimensions reflect the smallest available length, width, and height under the seat.
Like Personal items, Southwest Airlines has no limitation on the weight of carry-on baggage. It does not mean you can carry heavier items. So, most passengers control the weight of the carry-ons luggage themselves. Make sure it is not more than 11 kilograms or 25 pounds. Airlines expect passengers to place their baggage without help in the overhead bins. Carrying oversized carry-ons can put you in trouble. So, be careful and follow the size guidelines mentioned here or told by Southwest Airlines Reservations agents while booking your flight tickets. You can ask them to be clear from your side as well.
Additional Points Related to Southwest Airlines Carry-ons
- There are many things, including child restraint systems, Food in disposable packaging, Walking canes or umbrellas, Outer garments, wearable clothing (articles), and disability devices of individuals that are not considered personal items.
- On arrival, remove the following items from carry-ons in case of checking: Medication, E-cigarettes, power banks, bag batteries, Spare batteries, Assistive devices, and keys.
- Cameras, Food Containers, purses, laptops, and briefcases are considered Personal items.
- Do not travel with sharp objects. Tell the flight attendant if you find them.
- Each traveller has the relaxation to bring one quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams, and pastes on board in their carry-on luggage with them. These can only be 3.4 oz (100 mL) or should not be more than that.
- Carry baggage with wheels and a handle count as the size of the Carry-on baggage.
Things Passengers can carry as extra items on Southwest Airlines Flights
- If passengers have Outer garments or any wearable clothing (articles), it does not consider one bag plus one personal-type item. There is no restriction on how many mobility or assistance aids a passenger may bring into the airplane for persons with disabilities.
- Passengers have Food packaged in single-use containers for eating during the flight. If there are any walking canes or umbrellas.
- A restraint device for a child for whom a flight ticket is reserved. Or when complimentary, available space exists.
- All carry-on luggage must be stored in the overhead bin during takeoff and landing since bulkhead seats lack under-seat storage.
Southwest Airlines Baggages Tracking
Southwest Airlines has a system that allows you to monitor your checked bags. Using this technology, passengers can monitor in real-time the position of their luggage. From departure to arrival at their next destination.
Airlines give Each baggage a unique identification number. It is mentioned on the label fastened to the case. Additionally, the Southwest app offers updates on the status of your bags. Airlines give passengers a tag number by which they can see their luggage's status during flights. It makes things easier for the traveller during the journey.Below, We have mentioned Instructions on how to Locate Your bags
- Please visit the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Choose the Travel Details option and click on the Baggage mentioned over there.
- Enter the luggage tag number provided by the airline. And flight details to locate it accurately.
- Now, you can see the expected time for your baggage to arrive and its current location as well.
Southwest Airlines Carry-on Liquids
Southwest Airlines follows the TSA’s general regulations regarding liquids on flights. Passengers can pack Liquids, aerosols, gels, creams, and pastes for carry-on and checked baggage in quart-sized bags. For inspection at security checkpoints, items should be covered in a clear (do not use coloured plastic) plastic bag, which must be sealed to pass security steps without any problems. Southwest Airlines allows One quart-sized bag per passenger for liquids, aerosols, gels, creams, and pastes. The maximum amount must be less than 3.4 ounces (100 millilitres).
There is an exceptional case in this liquids (Liquids, aerosols, gels, creams, and pastes) policy, and passengers can travel in more quantity with the special permission of Southwest Airlines. Airlines allow these when a person or group needs them for medical or nutritional purposes, for example, those that deliver medication, breast milk, or infant formula. These are not subject to the 3.4-ounce weight restriction, but passengers must notify the TSA staff for security clearance.
Southwest Airlines Oversized Fees
Generally, Southwest Airlines doesn't charge for personal items or carry-ons. It allows customers to travel with one carry-on and one personal item included in their flight costs. But if the dimensions of the personal item are more than 16.25 x 8 x 13.5 inches, you have to keep it in an overhead bin, and it will be considered a carry-on.
If your carry-on luggage is bigger than 10 x 16 x 24 inches, you have to pay $75 to the airline for every bag. So, you must take care of it before boarding the flight, check the size of your bag, and save yourself the expense of paying for extra baggage with Southwest Airlines.
Travellers can bring one free carry-on bag and a complimentary item under Southwest Airlines' "Beyond the Basics" system. Make sure it is a jacket, duty-free items, or an umbrella. Southwest Airlines allows passengers to travel with one personal thing and one carry-on bag per flight ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions about Southwest Airlines Carry-on Baggage
What is Southwest Airlines Carry-on size in 2023?
Southwest Airlines' carry-on 2023 policy says passengers can travel with one personal item and one piece of carry-on baggage. The size of bags must be 16.25 x 8 x 13.5 inches for personal items and 10 x 16 x 24 inches for carry-ons. If you are travelling more than Southwest's carry-on size, you have to pay for being oversized.
Can I carry my Sports equipment in my carry-on?
If you want to travel with Sports equipment, you must send it in checked baggage. Southwest Airlines says if a passenger (a player) wants to travel with their sports equipment, It must be in checked baggage.
Do Handles and wheels include Southwest carry-ons?
The wheels and handles of luggage are taken into consideration when measuring carry-on luggage for Southwest Airlines. The maximum size for a carry-on bag is 10 x 16 x 24 inches. Remember, the handle and wheels of the luggage are included in the size. If your bags are larger than what is allowed. You will be charged extra. It will need to be checked. Taking exact measurements of your bags is essential to ensuring that they conform to the Southwest carry-on size specifications set out by the airline.
Can I carry Southwest's Additional Carry-On Items?
Passengers can travel with several personal items on flights. These might include strollers or umbrellas, outerwear, food to be eaten during the flight in containers that are disposable, wheelchairs, and a child restraint for a ticketed child, or when a free, available space is accessible.
What are Prohibited Items on Southwest Airlines Carry-ons?
Hoverboards, Camp stoves using compressed gas, Lighter fluid, Firearms, and Paintball guns are prohibited items on Southwest Airlines carry-on baggage.
- Leading online travel services provider
- 24X7 customer care helpline
- Assured lowest prices and superior service experience
- Access best flight options across all popular routes