Available 24/7 to help
Easy & Convenient Booking
Best Price Deal
Best Deals on Packages
Available 24/7 to help
Easy & Convenient Booking
Best Price Deal
Best Deals on Packages
- Airlines reservation desk
- Airlines customer service 24*7
- Call now to book
- Change/ cancel your flight
- Call on 24*7 customer support airlines
- No hold time
- Airlines seats reservation
- 30% off for new booking
Top 20 Places to Visit During Christmas in The World
Christmas is a widely observed festival that honours the birth of Jesus Christ; however, it has also come to be observed as a secular celebration by people of other religions and cultures worldwide. Christmas Eve is often when people gather to celebrate.
December is a fantastic time to travel, as many destinations around the world are beautifully decorated for the holiday season, and you can experience a variety of winter activities and cultural festivities. Below, we have listed the top 20 best places to visit during Christmas (December).
List of Top 20 Places to Visit During Christmas (December)
New York City, USA
New York does not need any introduction. It is one of the most visited cities in the world. Tourists can experience the magic of the holiday season with the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, ice skating at Central Park, and incredible shopping on Fifth Avenue. There are tons of places to visit and countless things to do. This city name has everything to engage the traveller, from the Statue of Liberty to the 9/11 Memorial and many more.
Additional Information about New York City, New York
- Iconic Sites :Empire State Building, One World Trade Center, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, and the Museum of Modern Art
- Best Things to Do :Aerial View (View from Observation Deck) of New York City, Visit Little Italy and Chinatown; go to Ellis Island; and explore the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Population :8.5 million
- Airports :John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), and LaGuardia Airport (LGA).
Explore the Christmas markets (Christkindlmarkt) and enjoy classical concerts in this charming European city. Vienna is the capital of Austria as well as a prime city. The city is known for its musical legacy, for which it is also famous under its other name “City of Music”. The city is famous for educational, cultural, financial, and historical purposes. There is the oldest Ferris wheel in the world, named the Wiener Riesenrad. So, if you are planning to visit this place during the New Year, it could be the best choice for you.
Additional Information about Vienna, Austria
- Iconic Sites :St. Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna Opera House, Belvedere Palace, Viennese Giant Ferris Wheel, St. Charles's Church, Danube Tower
- Best Things to Do :Visiting the Royal Schönbrunn Palace, Watching Opera at Vienna Opera House, Learning Art at MuseumsQuartier, Listing Classical Music
- Population :1.9 million
- Airports :Vienna International Airport (VIE)
Witness the stunning fall foliage in early December and enjoy the serene atmosphere of Kyoto's temples and gardens. Before Tokyo, Kyoto was the capital of Japan. This place is famous for its rural charm, delicious foods, culture, and tradition. Every year, millions of tourists come to Kyoto to enjoy its neighbours and learn Japanese culture. There are many Buddhist temples, Shinto shrines, palaces, and gardens. Some of them are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Additional Information about Kyoto, Japan
- Iconic Sites :Arashiyama Bamboo Forest, Kyoto Tea Ceremony, Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kiyomizu-Dera Temple, Yasaka Pagoda, Kifune Shrine
- Best Things to Do :KINKAKUJI TEMPLE, Japanese Gardens, Shopping in Nishiki Market, Roaming at Hanamikoji Road, Visiting Samurai, and Ninja Museum
- Population :1.46 million
- Airports :Kansai Airport (KIX), Osaka International Airport (ITM), and Centrair Airport (NGO), but Osaka (Itami) International Airport (ITM) is the main airport.
Quebec City, Canada
Experience a winter wonderland in this historic city, with its beautiful Old Town and festive atmosphere. Quebec City is one of the finest places around Christmas and New Year because the city is decorated with beautiful lights. Rue de Petit Champlain is considered one of the best places in the city for festival fun. A little snow and lots of decoration make it a perfect place to be here.
Additional Information about Quebec City, Canada
- Iconic Sites :Lower Town (Basse-Ville), Musée de la Civilisation, Parliament Building, La Citadelle de Québec, Parc de la Chute-Montmorency, Terrasse Dufferin
- Best Things to Do :Quebec City Walking Tour, Half-Day Trip to Montmorency Falls, Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré from Quebec City, Old Quebec City Classique Walking Tour
- Population :5.42 lakh
- Airports :Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport
Prague, Czech Republic
Admire the stunning architecture and enjoy the Christmas markets in this fairy-tale city. Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, is a city of stunning architecture, rich history, and a vibrant cultural scene. It is often referred to as the "City of a Hundred Spires" due to its many churches and historic buildings. Famous for its several nicknames as "The Rooftop of Europe”, “The Heart of Europe" and “The Golden City”. During December, when Christmas takes place, every corner of the city is decorated, and the city looks beautiful.
Additional Information about Prague, Czech Republic
- Iconic Sites : Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Old Town Square, Národní Muzeum, Prague Astronomical Clock, Prašná Brána, Old Town Square
- Best Things to Do :Hidden Beer Gems of Old Prague, Terezin Concentration Camp Day, Kutna Hora Tour and Ossuary, Prague Private Walking Tour, Prague Castle Walking Tour, Medieval Dining Experience
- Population :1.31 million
- Airports :Prague Ruzyně International Airport (PRG)
Cape Town, South Africa
Enjoy the summer weather and explore the natural beauty of the Cape Peninsula. Cape Town, located at the southern tip of South Africa, is a city known for its stunning natural beauty, diverse culture, and vibrant arts scene. It is often considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and it offers a wide range of attractions and experiences. People can enjoy Christmas pirates everywhere; the city is safe, and there are so many things to do.
Additional Information about Cape Town, South Africa
- Iconic Sites :Table Mountain Aerial Cableway, Lion's Head, Two Oceans Aquarium, Cape Town Diamond Museum, District Six Museum, Clifton Beaches, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
- Best Things to Do :Table Mountain, Penguins and Cape Point Tour, Safari Experience, Robben Island, Cape of Good Hope, Stellenbosch, and Franschhoek
- Population :4.62 million
- Airports :Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
Experience the Amsterdam Light Festival and enjoy the city's picturesque canals. Famous by various nicknames “Venice of the North”, “Jerusalem of the North” and “bicycle capital of the world”. Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands, is a picturesque and culturally rich city known for its historic canals, artistic heritage, and vibrant atmosphere. People celebrate Christmas lunch, not Eve, and they have quality time with their family and friends. The city looks beautiful, and the market is usually decorated.
Additional Information about Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Iconic Sites : The Anne Frank House, Van Gogh Museum, Vondelpark, Attic Museum Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder, Rijksmuseum, Red Light District, Body Worlds, ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo
- Best Things to Do :Amsterdam Canal Cruise open boat tour (tourists can choose their time, but the evening is famous), Giethoorn, Afsluitdijk, Zaanse Schans Tour, Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam, Amsterdam Bike Tour,
- Population :8.22 lakh
- Airports :Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS) and Rotterdam The Hague Airport (RTM)
Witness the Northern Lights, soak in the Blue Lagoon, and explore Iceland's unique landscapes. Due to the ideal viewing conditions for the northern lights and the joyous holiday atmosphere, December is one of the best months to travel to Iceland. Travelers must know the current weather situation and make a chart of the top tourist destinations, enjoyable activities, and recommended excursions. Reykjavik has a rich history and culture, which makes it a captivating place to enjoy the rich heritage of the city.
Additional Information about Reykjavik, Iceland
- Iconic Sites :Hallgrimskirkja, Perlan, Sun Voyager, Ring Road Harpa Concert Hall and Conference Centre, Harpa City Center, and the Einar Jonsson Sculpture Museum
- Best Things to Do :Glacier Hike, South Coast Waterfalls & Black Sand Beach, Must See Northern Lights Enchanting, Golden Circle and Secret Lagoo Trip, Exploring South Coast, New Volcanic Eruption Area
- Population :1.23 lakh
- Airports :Keflavík Airport (KEF), Reykjavik Domestic Airport (RKV)
Celebrate the New Year with a spectacular fireworks show over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Every year the city has a magnificent market with fairy lights hung above the cobblestone streets, market booths selling handcrafted Christmas decorations, artisan jewelry, and locally produced clothing, as well as delectable street cuisine with holiday themes, appearing in the historic district of The Rocks. There are some famous places, like Love Actually in Concert, Christmas in Darling Square, A Celtic Christmas, and many more.
Additional Information about Sydney, Australia
- Iconic Sites : Manly Beach, Royal Botanic Garden Sydney, Sydney Opera House, Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), Sydney Harbour, Queen Victoria Building (QVB), Art Gallery of New South Wales, Circular Quay, Wendy's Secret Garden
- Best Things to Do :Enjoying the Sydney Harbour Ferry, Exploring Taronga Zoo, the Australian National Maritime Museum, Madame Tussauds Sydney, Sydney Whale-Watching Cruise, Must Go to the Blue Mountains: Three Sisters, Scenic World and Wildlife Park, and Sydney City Sightseeing Tour
- Population :5.31 million
- Airports :Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD)
Explore the City of Lights during the holiday season with festive decorations and delicious food. Christmas festivals in Paris are holy. People spend it with their family, friends, or loved ones. They usually cook tasty and yummy food made of traditional French dishes and certain specialties. In addition, there are sweets, wine, and champagne. Religious individuals enjoy going to Christmas Mass as well. So, if you are in Paris during Christmas time, it will be too much fun for you.
Additional Information about Paris, France
- Iconic Sites :THE LOUVRE, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Sainte-Chapelle, Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, Musée d'Orsay, Luxembourg Gardens, Basilique du Sacré-Coeur de Montmartre
- Best Things to Do :The Most Famous Versailles Palace Tour, Eiffel Tower Trip in the Evening, and Observation Decks Explore Mont Saint Michel, visit Loire Valley Castles, Visit Normandy D-Day Landing Beaches
- Population :2.16 million
- Airports :Paris Orly Airport (ORY), Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG), Beauvais-Tillé Airport (BVA)
Visit the Christmas markets, go skiing in the Swiss Alps, or simply enjoy the cozy atmosphere. Zurich is a global financial center and is home to many international banks and financial institutions. It plays a crucial role in the Swiss economy and the world's financial markets. Christmas in Zurich is the epitome of the traditional holiday, complete with glistening Christmas trees, mulled wine, fairy lights, seasonal fare, chocolate delicacies, and the sound of Christmas songs filling the crisp, chilly air..
Additional Information about Zurich, Switzerland
- Iconic Sites : Uetliberg, Zürich Opera House, FIFA Museum, Lindt Home of Chocolate, Bahnhofstrasse, Kunsthaus Zürich, Grossmünster, Zoo Zürich
- Best Things to Do :Felsenegg Cable Car, Enjoy Lake Zurich and its nearby places. Zurich city tour by bus or boat, Must go to Mount Pilatus, I must go to the Swiss Alps, Heidiland, and Liechtenstein.
- Population :4.03 lakh
- Airports :EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (EAP), St. Gallen-Altenrhein Airport (ACH), and Bodensee Airport, Friedrichshafen (FDH)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Experience luxury shopping, desert safaris, and New Year's Eve fireworks in this modern city. Even though Dubai does not observe an official holiday for Christmas, all Western customs are observed there. Along with Santas and Christmas lights, you will see enormous Christmas trees. Tons of shopping complexes and tourist attractions will make your Christmas full of joy, and December is the most famous time to visit Dubai.
Additional Information about Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Iconic Sites :Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Dubai Miracle Garden, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Frame, The Dubai Fountain, Burj Al Arab, Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood, Jumeirah Mosque
- Best Things to Do :Ski Dubai, Wild Wadi Waterpark Jumeirah, AURA SKYPOOL Dubai, Visit the Observation Deck at Burj Khalifa, Desert Safari, Do not miss the Dubai Marina Yacht Tour
- Population :3.33 million
- Airports :Dubai International Airport (DXB), Sharjah International Airport (SHJ), and Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC)
Attend the festival celebration and explore the historic streets of Edinburgh. Edinburgh is known for its Hogmanay (New Year's Eve) celebrations, which are among the largest and most famous in the world, featuring music, fireworks, and street parties. Edinburgh is home to a wide range of museums and galleries, such as the National Museum of Scotland, the Museum of Edinburgh, and the Scottish National Gallery, showcasing art and history. So, visiting Edinburgh during Christmas makes your time memorable.
Additional Information about Edinburgh, Scotland
- Iconic Sites :Palace of Holyroodhouse, National Galleries of Scotland: National, Edinburgh Castle, National Museum of Scotland, Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, St Giles' Cathedral, The Real Mary King's Close
- Best Things to Do :Must Visit Glenfinnan, Glencoe, and Fort William; Enjoy a Scottish Highland Tour; Portobello Beach; Holyrood Park
- Population :5.26 lakh
- Airports :Edinburgh Airport (EDI), Glasgow International Airport (GLA), and Dundee Airport (DND)
Enjoy the festive Christmas markets and explore the medieval charm of this city. The city is surrounded by picturesque landscapes, including the Tatra Mountains to the south, making it a great base for outdoor activities and exploring the Polish countryside. Apart from Christmas and New Year, Kraków hosts various festivals throughout the year, such as the Kraków Film Festival, the Jewish Culture Festival, and the Kraków Christmas Market.
Additional Information about Krakow, Poland
- Iconic Sites : St. Mary's Basilica, Oskar Schindler's Enamel Factory, Rynek Główny, Wawel Cathedral, Stained Glass Workshop and Museum, St. Florian's Gateh
- Best Things to Do :Take a tour of the Wawel Royal Castle; do not miss the Rynek Underground Museum; explore Krakow Old Town, the Main Market Square; and visit Kazimierz (the Jewish Quarter)
- Population :7.67 lakh
- Airports :John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice (KRK)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Experience the lively atmosphere and dance the tango in the Argentine capital. The birthplace of the tango, Buenos Aires also has a thriving art scene and a wild nightlife. The city is a perfect mix of rich historical and cultural heritage, modern technology, wonderful nightlife, different kinds of traditions, extensive parks, and nice people. Which makes it one of the world's best places for the Christmas holiday. It has one of the oldest subways in Latin American cities.
Additional Information about Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Iconic Sites :Wander Plaza de Mayo, Palacio Barolo, Iguazu Falls, River Plate Museum, Planetarium, Tigre, Cementerio de la Recoleta, Casa Rosada, Buenos Aires Metropolitan Cathedral
- Best Things to Do :Fair of the Mataderos (Fería de Mataderos), Señor Tango Show, Must go to the Premium Tigre Delta and San Isidro Tour, Go on a free walking tour. Explore La Boca’s colorful streets.
- Population :13.8 million
- Airports :Jorge Newbery Airfield (AEP), El Palomar Airport (EPA), and Ministro Pistarini International Airport (EZE)
Embrace the concept of "hygge" and enjoy the cozy atmosphere of Copenhagen during the holiday season. Copenhagen, the capital city of Scandinavia, is undoubtedly the most friendly, with a completely European feeling, a friendly public location, and an interesting café culture that will encourage you to visit repeatedly. The city is ideal for leisurely exploring at your pace, or you may do as the locals do and ride a bike, which happens to be the most popular method of transportation.
Additional Information about Copenhagen, Denmark
- Iconic Sites :Tivoli Gardens, The Little Mermaid, Rosenborg Castle, SMK—Statens Museum for Kunst, The Round Tower, TorvehallerneKBH, Frederik's Church, Church of Our Saviour
- Best Things to Do :Visit Rundetårn for observation decks, Vesterbro Cultural Tour, Tour of the National Museum of Denmark, Copenhagen Canal Tour and Exploring Hidden Gems, Møns Klint, and The Forest Tower
- Population :6.02 lakh
- Airports :Copenhagen Airport, Kastrup (CPH), Malmö Airport (MMX)
Explore ancient history and culture while visiting the pyramids and temples along the Nile River. Cairo, the capital of Egypt and one of the largest cities in Africa and the Middle East, is a city steeped in history and culture. It is famous for a wide range of historical, cultural, and modern attractions. Famous for different things, it is a captivating destination for travelers interested in exploring Egypt's rich heritage and experiencing the dynamic atmosphere of a bustling Middle Eastern capital.
Additional Information about Cairo, Egypt
- Iconic Sites : Hanging Church (El Muallaqa, Sitt Mariam, St. Mary), Zamalek (Gezira Island), Mosque and Madrasa of Sultan Hassan, Cairo Tower, Cave Church, Gayer-Anderson Museum (Bayt al-Kiritliya)
- Best Things to Do :Tour of the Nile River, Exploring Khan Al-Khalili, Tour of the Pyramids, Egyptian Museum and Bazaar from Cairo, Siwa Oasis Tour, Desert Safari, Waterfalls, Sandboarding
- Population :9.54 million
- Airports :Cairo International Airport (CAI)
If you are looking to escape the winter chill and relax on the beautiful beaches, then Hawaii is one of the finest places for you. Hawaii is a group of beautiful islands located in the central Pacific Ocean and is famous for a variety of natural and cultural attractions. It is rich in natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and outdoor adventures. It is reasonable to say one of the dream destinations. The island is home to many things, including marine life, stunning beaches, outdoor activities, and many others.
Additional Information about Hawaii, USA
- Iconic Sites :Pearl Harbor National Memorial, Ka'anapali Beach, Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, USS Arizona Memorial, Diamond Head State Monument, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Waikiki Beach
- Best Things to Do :Visiting Pearl Harbor USS Arizona Memorial, Helicopter Tour, Mauna Kea Summit Sunset, Koloa Zipline in Kauai, Sail and snorke
- Population :1.44 million
- Airports :Honolulu International Airport or Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), Hilo Airport (ITO), Kona International Airport (KOA)
Enjoy milder weather, explore Gaudi's architectural masterpieces, and indulge in tapas and wine. Barcelona, a vibrant and culturally rich city in Spain, is famous for a wide range of attractions and characteristics. Some of the most notable aspects for which Barcelona is renowned include architectural masterpieces, La Rambla, the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gòtic), one of the football hubs of the world, many festivals and celebrations, and wonderful nightlife. It could be one of your best Christmases.
Additional Information about Barcelona, Spain
- Iconic Sites :Basílica de la Sagrada Familia, Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic), Palace of Catalan Music, Mercat de la Boqueria, Basílica de Santa Maria del Mar, The Magic Fountain, Casa Batlló
- Best Things to Do :Visiting Local Markets, Barcelona City Bike Tour, Flamenco Show at Tablao, Enjoying Barcelona Tapas and Wine, 360º View of Barcelona, Exploring Girona and Costa Brava Small
- Population :1.62 million
- Airports :Barcelona El Prat Airport (BCN) and Girona-Costa Brava Airport (GRO)
Note: Remember to check the COVID-19 travel restrictions and guidelines for each destination before planning your trip, as they may vary depending on the current global situation.
It's vital to keep in mind that Christmas-related specific customs and traditions might vary greatly based on the nation, area, and unique family traditions. Also, December is one of the most exciting months for vacation. Visiting different places during Christmas helps to know their customs and traditions.
- Leading online travel services provider
- 24X7 customer care helpline
- Assured lowest prices and superior service experience
- Access best flight options across all popular routes